Tuesday, March 30, 2010

fail fail

I finally got a comment published in the Fail about the LHC!:
I am sure that there are more worthy causes for the money spent on this, not to mention the skills of scientists.

Things more worthy than understanding something fundamental about what matter is?

How does the idea of learning something so fail to capture your imagination? How are you so poor at learning the lessons of history? The computer you typed that banal message on and the infrastructure that blessed us with your paltry thoughts are triumphs of scientific theory and engineering ingenuity. Don't use science to complain about science, you might look like a complete idiot.
My bandwidth is littered with almost identical posts I've sent to the mail over the last few years, none of which have ever been printed.

So what am I actually celebrating? SHIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment