Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Rolf Harris' cock

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8617305.stm

Disturbingly, this sculpture is exactly how I imagine Rolf Harris' cock. Before you ask, yeah, I imagine it sometimes. But needless to say my issue with this story is with a mayor suddenly deciding that a previously acceptable sculpture is now unacceptable because because an old man in a dress is being paid from public funds to be driven on a road that is quite close to it.

As far as I'm concerned, the only 'fitting' way to greet the pope is with an arrest and trial for deliberately covering up decades of child rape. Destroying works of art along the route - no matter how much they look like Rolf Harris' cock - can only be seen as advocacy of the catholic church's policy on child rape. Who would want this monster in their midst? Who would spend large amounts of public money to *ahem* make the place acceptable for this monster? And who would destroy something the public has funded and enjoyed so far for this reason?

It looks like a cock to me. I urge the town to paint it purple and have it flash on and fucking off when the pope visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment