Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What would you do?

I know what I'd do.

http://www.jpost.com/MiddleEast/Article.aspx?id=175779

I dislike violence, particularly as a means of changing people's minds. But perhaps there are situations where appropriate violence is...well...appropriate. An example is when laws are entirely unfair and there is no hope of changing them through any kind of political process.

I don't know what motivated this woman to violence, but I can't imagine that the police officer didn't deserve it. I wish I could believe that it won't work out horribly for her, but I'm not that optimistic. I'm just optimistic enough to believe that some other people might be inspired by this act of defience and try to do something about this horrific regime.

I think the key to this has to be the emancipation of women. It might be the key to lots of other good stuff too, such as eliminating poverty.

No comments:

Post a Comment