Monday, October 18, 2010

TAM London and guilt update

Hopefully I’ll have time to write it up tomorrow.  For the time being, you can see the official liveblog here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/the-lay-scientist/2010/oct/15/1

There’s also a video there.  Apparently the whole event was streamed live.

NOBODY AT TAM LONDON EVER BOTHERED TO TELL ANYONE ABOUT THIS AT ALL. 

I know lots of people who wanted to go to the event but couldn’t.  They’d have loved to have seen the live stream.  But they didn’t know about it.  This is just so bizarre.  It happened last year as well and it happened with the DVD.  The organisers have a pathological need to keep everything secret.  As great as the event was and as well-organised as it turned out to be (it was very slick without seeming overly professional), this is simply inexcusable.  I can’t stress this enough – what is wrong with these people that they won’t tell anyone about the event, what’s going to happen and what’s happening right now?

But this is the only aspect of the meeting I didn’t like.  I’ll have a lot more to say on this and the more positive when I have time.  The conference came at a bad time for me and I should really have worked this weekend, so I need to make up for it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment