Friday, December 10, 2010

Accomodation VS Confrontation: The Debate

I don’t know anything about debates, but I’m having one!  With the excellent Fledgeling Skeptic!  This is quite exciting.  There’s every single chance she’ll run rings around me so schadenfreude fans (and who isn’t?) should stay tuned.  It won’t be the first time I’ve either crashed or burned.  Literally and figuratively, now I come to think about it.

Anyway, the debate will be about accomodationism vs confrontationism, for want of better terms on both sides.  Actually, I hope it won’t end up being anything of the sort: I’m not so interested in a pissing contest as I am in explaining that confrontation might be a useful tool.  Or rather, I want to show that people don’t get to make up a fictional cause and then complain about random skeptics they view as not living up to it.

I’m confident I’ll learn something from this exciting opportunity and I hope someone else does too.

I’m excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment