Sunday, February 20, 2011

Rupert and the God Delusion

This is quite good: http://networkedblogs.com/esGri, although some might consider it not safe for work.

For those who don’t know Rupert Bear, he’s a British anachronism featuring creepy anthropomorphised animals doing extravagantly nonsensical, but above all unutterably dull things.  Rupert is always described as ‘much loved’ but as far as I can tell, nobody on the planet likes it at all.  It has been running since the 20s, which is a mystery to everyone.

The comics are always presented in the same way, four pictures with a stupefyingly bad rhyme under each one, then a couple of paragraphs explaining what was going on, because the pictures and rhymes were of such poor quality that it was impossible to tell otherwise. 

This parody is absolutely bang on.

2 comments:

  1. Rupert is much loved by me. I used to love reading my new Rupert Bear Annual every Christmas when I was a kid.

    Oh, and thanks for sharing. Much appreciated.

    Crispian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, I was being facetious. I know Rupert is loved by many: it wouldn't have been running since 1920 if it weren't.

    ReplyDelete