Thursday, February 23, 2012

NO, NOT BLACK LEAF, NO, NO! I’M GOING TO DIE!

Marcie, get out of here, YOU’RE DEAD! You don’t exist any more.

I know I’ve written about this before and so has virtually everyone else, but there’s a vicarious joy in seeing other people discover it which is almost irresistible. Recently, new people have been caused to witness it in all its glory for the first time and their blank incomprehension and ridicule cheered me up.  I’m talking about a Chick Tract, of  course, and while I could have picked virtually any one to ridicule, this is one of my favourites:

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.ASP

Fantasy role-playing games lead to occult worship and actual real magical powers!  If only I’d known that when I played those games. THINGS WOULD HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT.

If I’d know that D&D was INTENSE OCCULT TRAINING, I’d probably have put more hours in.

My excuse from now on whenever anyone asks me to do anything is definitely going to be “I can’t, I’m fighting the zombie.”

I love the suicide note too: I love the way Marcie signs it to avoid confusion over which suicide in the vicinity it referred to.  Maybe people who leave suicide notes do that, I don’t know, but I always expect to see some kisses after the signature.  And who is holding the note, anyway?  Nobody in the story has sleeves like that.

I also find it interesting that Debbie’s first spell is one to control her father.  Do you think the real terror is showing here?  And of course it’s a male who saves Debbie from her destructive life by ordering her to go to a meeting and then another male who saves her very soul.

The final scene is fantastic.  Where did they get all that D&D stuff? It’s huge bonfire! There must be a tonne of stuff in there!  And the preacher bloke seems to be worshipping the fire. Confusing.

Fantastic.  Here’s another brilliant one.

No comments:

Post a Comment