Sunday, June 09, 2013

Did I expect anything different?

I spent a few days largely away from Twitter due to A MILLION WORK and came back to find some fairly sinister aggression aimed at me for the apparent reason that I support some people and views that the aggressors don’t like for reasons they’ve never been able to explain without being fucktangles.

I’m starting to come to expect this sort of vague abuse. It bemuses rather than offends me. As I’ve said before, I’m not really vulnerable to this sort of thing for reasons of – mostly – privilege. Perhaps that’s why I get only a small amount of fairly mild abuse (more likely is the fact that I’m not very interesting or important). But I don’t particularly like it anyway.  It’s unproductive. It doesn’t move any reasonable agenda forward, as far as I can tell. This kind of thing is aimed entirely at trying to shut people up. And aimed by snipers: people who scour conversations and pull things out to complain about.

It’s water off a duck’s back to me, but lots of people get much worse abuse from the same people and their friends in much higher volumes than I do and don’t have the luxury of dismissing it.

Attack arguments, not people, you fucking idiots.

No comments:

Post a Comment