Monday, June 24, 2013

More on NFC tags

I just played around with Tasker for a few minutes.  It looks as though I ought to be able to make the phone behave differently when I bump a single tag, depending on things like time, location etc.  For example:

When I bump a tag at bedtime, it turns notifications off. When I do it in the morning, it turns them on. Or same based on location: if I’m at work, perhaps bumping will toggle sound on/off. When I’m at home, the same tag might call my voicemail. When I’m in the pub, it might tweet my friends to invite them.

So far, all I’ve been able to get is a message saying Tasker hasn’t granted permission to run tasks. Perhaps I need to root my phone or something.  If anyone has any ideas, let me know.  But it’s a pretty cool idea.  SOMEONE must have done it.

Update: fixed it! It’s really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment